Wednesday 20 July 2016

Crafty Gals Corner challenge #81 - Christmas in July

It's time for a new challenge on the Crafty Gals Corner blog

Challenge #81 Christmas in July

This week our sponsors are Karleigh Sue, All Dressed Up and Bugaboo.

I have used the cute Christmas Heels digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps.


My card is 5" x 6 1/2"
... yes, it's a strange size, normally it would be 5x7"
but I didn't want to mat the 6 1/2" patterned paper.


 Here is a close-up pic to show the glossy finish to the "leather" of the shoes and the sparkle of the pretty lining.  I coloured the shoes using a Copic marker (R46) then smoothered the red portions with Glossy Accents.  The lining was coloured using a Clear Wink Of Stella Brush.  The holly of the shoes and sentiment were initially coloured with a Copic Marker (G46) then coloured again with Wink Of Stella Glitter Pens in Dark Green, Green and Light Green.  The "metal" tip to the heel was coloured using a Mont Marte Metallic Fine Liner.  Once everything was dry, I fussy cut out the image, went around the edges with a black marker, then attached to my card front using foam dots.


Ingredients:
Bugaboo Stamps - digital stamp - Christmas Heels
Copic Markers - R46 Strong Red, G 46 Mistletoe
Zig Wink Of Stella - Glitter Pens - Dark Green, Green, Light Green
Paper Smooches dies - Christmas Words 2
Glossy Accents
Zig Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush - Clear
Mont Marte Metallic Fine Liner
Kaisercraft 6 1/2" Paper Pad - Mint Twist
red rhinestones

I hope you are inspired by my card and that will come join us at the Crafty Gals Corner for

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it and I'm not a shoe person. Seeing this was the perfect way to start my day. thank you good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth :)
      I wasn't a show person until this card, now I understand how easy it would be to get addicted!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, my colleague at school would LOVE this card! She is a bonafide shoe lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some kind of wonderful!!! It is stunning! My heart did flips when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Donna :)
      ... there is something exciting about shiny red shoes!

      Delete
  4. So elegant! Love the added glossy accents and glitter to the shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.