Monday 29 February 2016

... my first Christmas card for the year

How cool is this, my first Christmas card made in February?!?!
I am not going to have a last minute rush like last year!!!


The gorgeous patterned paper is from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Paper Pad.

This card was made with a colour challenge in mind, the link is attached below.
The colours for the challenge are coral, lime and aqua, so I used American Crafts weave cardstock in Salmon (coral), Limeade (lime) and Mediterranean (aqua), along with the aqua in the patterned paper.
The layered wreath is from the Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways.  They are such fun to mix 'n match and layer together.  I used some Salmon cardstock and included one delicate layer of a darker coral shade for contrast.

I layered some of the sprigs of leaves from the Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways together at the top of my wreath and popped some sequins on top.  The sequins are Lime 6mm & 12mm sequins by Maria George.
I die cut "merry" using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Merry Cutaway in Salmon cardstock.
I don't have any W&W Christmas sentiments, so I die cut "christmas" from the Paper Smooches Christmas Words 2 Dies set using Salmon cardstock.

I have never used this colour combo before and I am so glad that I joined this colour challenge, as they look delightful together.  I hope you like them too.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- the challenge is to use coral, lime & aqua together

- not sure if I'm stretching things too much, but I used two W&W cutaways,
W&W In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways
W&W In A Word - Merry Cutaway

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, you could tuck some white pearls on there and make it look like mistletoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Christmas card design, Tracy. Love the color combos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.