Saturday 14 May 2016

CELEBRATE the CURLS

it's time to
CELEBRATE
the
CURLS


This photo is of my niece, a rare sight seeing her glorious curls
... she usually straightens her lovely long locks.

Sorry for the terrible photo, I will try to take a better one in the daylight


This 12x12 layout took much longer than it looks.  I started with a fancy patterned paper, filled with flourishes and swirls.  The green patterned paper and cardstock matched "the curls" perfectly but it ended up looking too "fussy".  So I started over again, with plain lavendar cardstock (same tone as her top in the photo) and let the title draw the eye around to the photo.
The photo was triple matted with cardstock.  The Perfect Layers ruler allowed for straight and even edges of 1/16" and 3/16" each time.
I cut and combined flourishes from the Paper Smooches Flourishes 1 die set.  I pulled the inner end of each one and it gave them lovely dimension.
The arrows were layered for extra contrast against the original patterned paper but I still used them, as it tied the green with the other elements on the page.

Ingredients:
American Crafts Thickers - Dear Lizzy - Merry (green foam)
Paper Smooches Wise Dies - Flourishes 1
Perfect Layers Ruler - 1/16" and 3/16" sides used
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry
Fiskars Squeeze Punch - Large One Way (arrow)

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my layout in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Hiding In My Craft Room Blog
2nd National Scrapbooking Day celebration challenge

hidinginmycraftroom.com

~~~*~~~*~~~


Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 144 Inspiration Piece (image)      
I hope you can see how I was inspired
... the swirling flourishes radiate from the central photo,
just like the ribbons around the May Pole.

~~~*~~~*~~~

The challenge is to pull out our punches and create paper pieced elements.
The challenge is to create a layout with a directional element.

~~~*~~~*~~~
another photo ... still not much better

... looks like it's time to try another camera,
hope to get a pic that shows the colours as they look in real life

1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.