Sunday 22 May 2016

a rainbow of happy


Sometimes cards end up being HUGE
... this one stands 9 3/4" tall x 6" wide.



My card started out with an idea to use a sheet of patterned paper from the Kaisercraft 6 1/2" Fiesta Paper Pad, the design reminds me of a geometric rainbow.  I've been wanting to try a repeat sentiment too and thought the Paper Smooches Christmas Words 2 Dies "happy" combined with the juicy ColorBox Primary Pastel Petal Point Fluid Chalk Inkpad would make for a very happy rainbow.  Plans soon changed.  If I had just used "happy" five times, they would have been squashed too close together, so I decided to UPSIZE and use the same design in 12x12 sheet size, using the Fiesta Collection, Siesta double-sided paper.

I made this top folding card by scoring the back panel 3/4" from the top and adhering it to the front panel.  I used Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue to adhere the top "fold" of the card.  (This is a strong glue that can be used for bookbinding.)  I matted the back panel to give it some extra strength and, well, because I think it looks nicer too.

Here is a the inkpad in action.  The colour and texture of these fluid chalk inks is amazing, like velvet and I think they match the tone of the patterned paper perfectly.

Ingredients:
Paper Smooches Dies - Christmas Words 2 - "happy"
Kaisercraft Fiesta Collection - Siesta 12x12 paper
Kaisercraft weave cardstock - Navy
Perfect Layers Ruler - 1/16" mat under the patterned paper panel
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive - adhered paper layers
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue - adhered the top "fold" of the card
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue - adhered sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Clearsnap MAY 2016 Color Challenge  
The ColorBox Primary Pastel Petal Point Fluid Chalk Inkpad made the perfect inky rainbow to celebrate this festive inspiration image and the geometric rainbow of my patterned paper,

~~~*~~~*~~~


  
I have made an inky rainbow using the "happy" from the Christmas Words 2 die set.

~~~*~~~*~~~

5 comments:

  1. Your bright colors are so festive! Love all the shades of happy! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design! The rainbow of the repeating "happy" is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully cheerful card! I love that pattern - and you've used it perfectly with the rainbow of "happy's". Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you customized that die with inks--- fab take on this challenge and use of color! FUN card x200000000000000000! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.