Monday 29 February 2016

sparkling facets

Here is a sparkling hello card that I hope will bring a smile.


Here is a close-up to show the sparle of the faceted panel and inlaid facets.

I die cut the panel in white cardstock then flipped it onto some Press N Seal.
I took a marker and identified which pieces were going to be each colour of the rainbow, removed the outline panel, coloured each piece then painted on liquid adhesive to each one so that I could apply the glitter.

  



I adhered the outline panel to a piece of black cardstock, cut down to have a 1/8" mat, then came the fun part, inlaying my rainbow of sparkling faceted puzzle pieces!!!
I confess that I was a bit heavy handed with my adhesive, to I had to trim EVERY piece so that they would fit back into the outline panel ... a lesson to remember for next time.


The plain outline needed a little more pop, so I cut another piece, added white glitter then adhered it over the top of the panel ... I LOVE all the SPARKLE!!!


I die cut 5 hellos using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Hello Cutaway and layered them together for some extra dimension.  When I went to adhere it, I thought it needed a bit more pop and to be separated from the detailed background, so I added some foam dots.

All the glitters were American Crafts WOW!
and included white, Cherry, Carrot, Canary, Citron, Marine and Muse.
This card is 4 1/2" x 5 3/4", a bit smaller than my usual card but it sure has the pop of a 5x7.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- I used two different die sets to create my card,
W&W In A Word - Hello Cutaway
W&W 
Cover Model Multifaceted Cutaway

- I inlaid all the facets into the multifaceted panel
One day I am going to count just how many of those facets there are in that panel!

- my background is a sparkling faceted rainbow
... I always think of my high school science teacher when I work with rainbows, he taught us the easy way of remembering the order of the colours when we were learning about light, diffraction/refraction etc.  Here is goes "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain" ... red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - my rainbow had purple instead of indigo & violet.

1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.