Monday 29 February 2016

Christmas in February

It is great to get a start on my Christmas tags nice and early,
something very new to me, usually it's a last minute rush!


This layered tag was started with a sheet of woodgrain cardstock from the Kaisercraft Base Coat 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper pad ... it is filled with gorgeous designs, love it so much that I have several in my stash.  The tag die is the largest from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag Collection die set. 

The layered wreath is from the gorgeous Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways.  They are such fun to mix 'n match and layer together.  I used some green cardstock and some sparkling cardstock from American Crafts POW! - Cricket.
I die cut "merry" using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Merry Cutaway in scarlet cardstock and the sparkling AC POW! Cricket cardstock and layered them together, slightly offset for shadow, then added foam dots for extra pop.
I don't have any W&W Christmas sentiments, so I die cut "christmas" from the Paper Smooches Christmas Words 2 Dies set using the same Cricket cardstock.
The bow is the Fiskars All Tied Up squeeze punch.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- I created a tag

- my wreath and sentiment go over the edges of my tag

- not sure if I'm stretching things too much, but I used two W&W cutaways,
W&W In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways
W&W In A Word - Merry Cutaway
- I also used two colours, green and dark red

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Tracy, I LOVE how this tag with the weathered red paper looks just like a door with a wreath on it! So well done!! Also like how the bottom layer, the hole cover, and the bow all tie in together with a brighter red. Thanks so much for joining my Off the Edge Challenge at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and details on this Christmas tag, Tracey! The pair-up of images and paper are spot on! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.