Monday 29 February 2016

another Christmas card in February

Yes, I am trying to stick to my goal of making multiples of my cards this year and it was so easy to do when I had such pretty colours and papers already out from making my previous card.


There is a foam layer under the decorative panel for extra dimension.


Here is a close-up to show the lovely wreath and sparkle.


The gorgeous patterned paper is from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Paper Pad.
This card was made with a colour challenge in mind, the link is attached below.
The colours for the challenge are coral, lime and aqua, so I used American Crafts weave cardstock in Salmon (coral), Limeade (lime) and Mediterranean (aqua), along with the aqua in the patterned paper.

The layered wreath is from the Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways.  They are such fun to mix 'n match and layer together.  I used some Salmon cardstock and included one delicate layer of a darker coral shade for contrast.
I layered some of the sprigs of leaves from the Winnie & Walter In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways together at the top of my wreath and a little Salmon bow on top.  The bow is the Fiskars All Tied Up squeeze punch.

I die cut "merry" using the Winnie & Walter In A Word - Merry Cutaway in Salmon cardstock.
I don't have any W&W Christmas sentiments, so I die cut "christmas" from the Paper Smooches Christmas Words 2 Dies set using Salmon cardstock.

I adhered a layer of foam under the decorative panel and adhered it to a 5x7" card base.

I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

~~~*~~~*~~~

Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenges
w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

- the challenge is to use coral, lime & aqua together

- not sure if I'm stretching things too much, but I used two W&W cutaways,
W&W In Bloom - Paulina's Greenery Cutaways
W&W In A Word - Merry Cutaway
... and I made two cards using the same cutaways and colour combo

~~~*~~~*~~~


hidinginmycraftroom.com

my holiday is Christmas

~~~*~~~*~~~

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

~~~*~~~*~~~

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Tracy! I love the pretty wreath and the colours are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite! Your blogging skills are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.